Pizza is a favorite of just about every member of the crew, but galley ovens are often too small for an entire pie. Find a muffin pan that fits in you’re oven and you can easily make these delicious gems.
Mini Deep-Dish Pizzas
- Olive oil, for muffin pan
- All-purpose flour, for rolling
- 1/2 pound homemade or store-bought pizza dough, in 6 pieces
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella (4 ounces)
- 1 large tomato, coarsely chopped
- Desired toppings, such as cooked vegetables, pineapple and ham, or pepperoni
Standard muffin pans come in 6- or 12-cup size; if baking 6 items in a 12-cup pan, leave empty space in between. Nonstick pans are nice but not essential. Beware of very thin pans, which often lead to burning. Place pans on a baking sheet to make them easier to get in and out of the oven.
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Lightly brush 6 standard muffin cups with oil. On a lightly floured work surface, roll out each dough piece to a 6-inch round. Fill each cup with 1 round, gently pressing dough into bottom and sides of cup. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Sprinkle each dough cup with 1 tablespoon each cheese and tomato. Add desired toppings and another tablespoon each cheese and tomato. Bake until dough is golden brown and crisp, 12 minutes. Let cool 2 minutes before removing from cups.
Courtesy of yahoo.com