Here’s a delectable spin on an old favorite…
Ingredients (makes about 2 drinks):
- 1 cup of milk (cow, coconut, almond, goat – you name it)
- 1 cup of water
- 1/2 cup of honey (or maple syrup, or other sweetener)
- 1/4 cup of cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon
- pinch of chili or cayenne pepper (optional)
1. In a saucepan over medium heat, combine all the ingredients and mix until well blended – about 5 minutes.
2. Enjoy. And don’t forget to slurp!
Maple Whipped Cream
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 1 to 2 teaspoons of maple syrup
Place the cream and syrup together in a bowl and whip for several minutes, on a high speed, using a hand mixer or Kitchen Aid with the whip attachment. Store any extra whipped cream in the refrigerator for a few days.
Courtesy of comfybelly.com