Carrot and Zucchini Fries
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Cut your veg into 3-inch sticks, making sure they are even in thickness.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and a light layer of olive oil.
- SEASON – Go with the usual salt&pepper and branch out to one or two of the following (Choose Your Own Adventure-style): paprika, cumin, cayenne, crushed red peppers, thyme, rosemary, sage – really, whatever takes your fancy and suits your meal. Using premixed spice blends is a great option too – Italian, Mexican, Old Bay – you know, just not all at once.
- Lightly toss your vegetable batons with a tablespoon or so of olive oil (not too much) and the herbs and spices.
- Spread your seasoned veg over your lined tray and roast, tossing halfway through, for about 20 minutes or until golden and slightly browned at the edges.
Courtesy of www.pbs.org