Here’s a delicious drink recipe to warm you up after a cold day on the water this fall or winter…
Mulled wine is popular in many countries around the world, from Chile to Czech Republic. Because of its universality, this hot toddy has many varieties, from slow-cooked to quick and easy. This particular recipe is one of the simpler versions.
• 1/2 cup sugar
• 1/4 cup water
• 10 whole cloves
• 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 3 peppercorns, whole
• 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg (to taste)
• 1 orange, juiced
• 1 bottle red wine
• Cinnamon sticks (optional)
Prep time: 5 minutes, Cook time: 5 minutes
1. Combine all ingredients except wine in a pan and boil for five minutes.
2. Reduce heat, add wine. Heat to the point where it is just before boiling. (Try to avoid boiling; the alcohol will begin to evaporate.)
3. Strain into cups and serve hot.
4. Garnish with cinnamon sticks, if desired. Serves four.
Courtesy of www.mnn.com