Sometimes the best dishes come from blending your favorite ones together. How does the idea of a savory, crispy crust of a chicken pot pie and the tomato sauce and cheesy goodness of pizzas sound to you? Sounds great to us…
Pizza Pot Pies
- Pizza dough of your choice (homemade or prepared refrigerated)
- 1 jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce
- 4 cups mozzarella cheese (you can use less, I like mine really cheesy)
- Olive oil
- Your favorite Pizza Toppings (For this version I used pepperoni, sauteed mushrooms, and green olives)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Roll out pizza dough and let rest 3 minutes, then stretch it out again. It should be between 1/4″ – 1/2″ thick. Using a sharp knife, cut the dough into 6-8 pieces, equally sized.
- In the bottom of each ramekin, place approximately 1/2 cup of the spaghetti sauce.
- Place your favorite pizza topping on top of the sauce. You can add as much as you like, but leave about a 1/4″ of space at the top to avoid bubbling over.
- Cover each ramekin with mozzarella cheese. Place each piece of dough on top of cheese, spreading or pinching as needed to get it to fit inside the baking dish.
- Brush each crust with about 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil.
- Place the ramekins on a baking sheet. Bake for 12 – 15 minutes, or until crust is golden brown. Cooking times may vary depending on the thickness of your crust.
If you have a great recipe to share (and a photo), send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.