Chicken with Mango and Couscous
- about 1/3 of a sweet onion, chopped
- 1/2 pound (8 oz.) boneless chicken breast (about 1 large breast and could be substituted for canned chicken breast)
- about 10 grape tomatoes, halved (could be canned)
- 1/2 of a ripe mango, cubed (with juices)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup cous cous
- salt and pepper to taste dried parsley
1. Heat a medium pot over medium heat. Spray with non-stick cooking spray. Add the onion and cook until just softened.
2. Add the chicken. Season with salt and pepper and stir a few times. Once the chicken starts to brown, add the tomato.
3. Cut the mango in cubes. It it’s particularly juicy, catch that juice and add it to the pot with the mango cubes. Stir and let the flavor merge for a bit.
4. Raise the heat to high, add the chicken broth and bring to a boil. Once boiling add the couscous, cover and remove from the heat. Let it sit for 10 minutes. Then fluff with a fork and serve!
Recipe courtesy of GreenLiteBites