Here’s a simple recipe that would be great as a side dish or even an appetizer…
- 6 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) cans corn, drained
- 4 fresh tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 dashes hot sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
Cook brown rice.
In a medium bowl, combine black beans, corn, tomatoes, onion, cilantro, jalapeno, lime juice, oil, salt, pepper and hot sauce.
To serve, Place a scoop of hot rice in a bowl or on a plate, top with a generous scoop of the black bean mixture.
Stir together before eating.
Courtesy of www.food.com