The Christmas Caribbean Rally 2013 is an exciting new sailing rally crossing the Atlantic, taking place at the end of 2013. The CCR will leave Marina Rubicon, Lanzarote, Canary Islands on Monday December 16, 2013 and participants will sail the 2850 miles to arrive in Jolly Harbour, Antigua in the New Year.
We have set the timing of this Transatlantic crossing to use the natural rhythm of the seasons to optimum effect; when the trade winds are likely to be fully established and the hurricane season is behind us. By holding the rally over the Christmas holiday period, we hope sailors from all walks of life will be able to participate. We also hope that by coinciding with school and college holidays, families with children of all ages will join the rally. We aim to make the Christmas Caribbean Rally an inclusive, unique event. What an exciting way to spend Christmas and New Year!
What’s the schedule?
December 2nd 2013: Event officially opens in Marina Rubicon, Lanzarote
December 16th: Rally leaves Marina Rubicon to sail across the Atlantic
December 25th: Celebrate Christmas at sea
Early January 2014: Arrive Jolly Harbour, Antigua – let the celebrations of your Atlantic crossing commence!
January 11th: Final closing event celebrations
What’s included in your Transatlantic rally entrance fee?
▪ Well set up and organized Christmas rally by professional and experienced ocean sailors. We are on hand to assist and advise on all aspects of ocean cruising
▪ Use of our interactive website which will keep you abreast of the rally and the other participants
▪ Free 2 day training weekend covering boat and equipment preparation, provisioning, weather and routing, the passage south and making the most of your stay in the Canaries. What to expect in the Caribbean and how to plan your trip. Choose from 2 available dates in the UK in spring 2013 before departure. Free for all registered skippers and crew (does not include overnight accommodation)
No Hidden Extras
▪ One fixed price for your boat with no additional charges for crew members or the training weekend
▪ Event flag, stickers and boat number
▪ Free polo shirts for every crew member with embroidered name of your boat on each shirt
▪ Two festive party packs – one each for Christmas day and New Year’s to help celebrate in style on your passage
▪ Social aspect of an Atlantic crossing in company
▪ Social network to meet other crews and boats before the start of the event and before you leave your home port
▪ Comprehensive information on the Canaries, Caribbean, the crossing and safety requirements
▪ 8 days free berthing in top quality marinas (5 days in Marina Rubicon Lanzarote, 3 days in Jolly Harbour marina, Antigua)
▪ 7 days free berthing for all rally entrants in Port Louis Marina, Grenada (subject to conditions)
▪ Up to 50% off berthing fees for longer stays in the Canaries and the Caribbean for all rally yachts
▪ 10% discount on any purchase from Marinestore chandlers
▪ Discounts on chandlery in the Canaries, and in the Caribbean
▪ Discounts on yard fees including liftouts and day rates in the Canaries, Antigua and Grenada
▪ Discounts at the supermarket, golf course, local hotels and car hire local to Marina Rubicon
During the crossing
▪ Organised radio net and Iridium text programme enabling position reporting
▪ Weather forecasting
▪ GPS tracker loaned to each boat for the duration of the rally linked to our website with regular position update
▪ Easy upload for your photos and blogs to our integrated website
▪ Action-packed social programme before the rally, in Lanzarote
▪ Well organised, entertaining and age-specific activities for children and youths
▪ Welcoming reception committee when you arrive in the Caribbean
Full social program after arrival in Antigua including presentations on Caribbean cruising and end of event closing ceremony
For more information visit sailingrallies.com