Buffalo Chicken Chili
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1/2 cup celery, sliced
- 1/2 cup carrots, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin, toasted and ground
- 1 cup beer or chicken broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini, black or pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce (or to taste)
- salt and pepper to taste
- crumbled blue cheese to taste
Cook the chicken in a large pan over medium heat and set aside.
Heat the oil in the pan, add the onions, celery and carrots and cook until tender, about 10-15 minutes.
Add the garlic and cumin and cook until fragrant, about a minute.
Add the beer or broth and deglaze the pan.
Add chicken, tomatoes, beans, paprika, oregano, cayenne and hot sauce and simmer for 15 minutes.
Serve topped with crumbled blue cheese to taste