Do you have cool shots from your own cruising adventures? Send them to me at email@example.com
And That’s a Wrap!
This year’s United States Sailboat Show in Annapolis, MD had it all, from boats and gear to parties and food – and of course, a variety of weather. The BWS crew had a great time as usual and enjoyed meeting fans of both Blue Water Sailing and Cruising Compass.
Here are my top 5 highlights from the show:
1) Boats. Because that’s why we were there, right? It’s hard to choose just one boat that caught my eye, so here are a few that I thought were noteworthy: the new and fun to sail Tartan Fantail daysailer, the unique NEEL Trimaran and the massive Moorings 5800.
2) The weather. Saturday was stunningly beautiful, with sunshine and a nice breeze that really brought in a big crowd.
3) Parties. Like boats, there were almost too many parties to count and definitely too many to attend, but a couple memorable ones were Island Yachts’ celebration of their 35th anniversary in style dockside and the Salty Dawg Rally’s party, which drew a solid crowd at the Mears Marina pavilion.
4) Jeanneau wins best large sailboat booth. With a handsome display of boats and a constant crowd, this seemed like the place to be.
5) Gear. If you needed something to outfit your body or your boat, this show had it all. Electronics, engines, foul weather gear, gadgets of all kinds and even jewelry could be found every which way you looked.
If you were unable to make it to this year’s show, definitely mark your calendar for the 2013 edition. Trust me – you won’t be disappointed!
Enjoy this week’s Cruising Compass.