Just because you’re cruising offshore doesn’t mean that you can’t have your favorite breakfast foods. This recipe for homemade English muffins is simple and provides a great alternative to regular bread as well as a good base for dishes like pizza.
- 1 Tsp honey (or agave nectar) in 1 cup of warm water
- 1 TBSP yeast
- 1/4 cup oil
- 2 Tsp salt
- 3 cups flour (we use 1.5 cup of whole wheat and 1.5 cups of white)
- Stir all above ingredients together
- Mix and knead until smooth
- Roll out to 1 inch thick
- Cut to desired size (we press out the muffins using a standard cup rim)
- Sprinkle top and bottom lightly with corn meal
- Double pan fry (spray olive oil in pan and cook each side on low heat)
- After they cool, fork pierce each muffin to create signature “nooks and crannies”
Courtesy of s/v Kaleo via www.galleyswap.com.