They had me at tomato. The moment I saw this photo, I knew I had to share it as tomato season has arrived in some areas already.
French bread, 1/2-inch slices
1 garlic clove, halved
1 carton of cherry or grape tomatoes
6 ounces of soft goat cheese
3 mint leaves, chopped
Pinch of salt
1. Slice and quarter the tomatoes.
2. Add the tomatoes to a large mixing bowl with just enough olive oil to lightly coat.
3. Add the garlic, salt and mint, lightly mix and chill.
4. Lightly toast the bread slices by placing the slices on a baking sheet and baking for 5 minutes at 325 degrees.
5. Spread a thin layer of goat cheese over every toasted piece of bread.
6. Top with the tomato mixture.
7. Finish with some mint.
For more information and incredible photos of this lovely dish, go to www.treehugger.com.