We love this method of making an average side dish much more delicious!
- 2 bags (10 oz. ea.) fresh spinach, smooth or crinkled
- 1 small clove garlic, finely minced
- 2-3 tablespoons Gorgonzola cheese
- 2-3 tablespoons chicken broth (bouillon okay, too)
- 4-5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch of red pepper flakes, salt/black pepper to taste
Combine olive oil and pepper flakes in high-sided skillet over high heat for about 30 seconds until oil is hot. Add spinach and cook for about 1 minute, or until it begins to wilt. Add garlic and sauté about 15 seconds or until it begins to turn brown. Now, add chicken broth and cook for 1 minute more. Season with salt and black pepper, transfer to a warm plate and top with the Gorgonzola.
For more recipes, go to www.gourmetunderway.com.